What Is the Lawsuit About?
Thousands of women have reported being sexually harassed or abused by a rideshare driver after trusting the companies’ claims that their service provides a safe means of transportation. Claims range from unwanted touching to rape. Victims are accusing Uber and Lyft of having flawed and inappropriate background check systems and allowing people with serious criminal histories to work as drivers, including some with a sex offender history. The companies have not been helpful when it comes to assisting law enforcement in investigations of sexual assault claims against their drivers. Lyft is also being sued by more than 20 women who trusted the company to be a safe mode of transportation and were assaulted by their driver. Lyft has not released a report detailing the number of sexual harassment claims the company received. The company has even allowed an accused driver to continue working after being reported.
Why Would I Qualify For This Lawsuit?
If Any of the Questions Below Apply To You, You May Qualify:
- Did you or a loved one use a rideshare transportation app such as Uber or Lyft?
- Were you sexually abused by a rideshare driver during or after your ride?
- Did the rideshare company try to dismiss your sexual abuse report or acted with negligence towards your claim?
- Are you ready to come forward and claim compensation for your pain and suffering and bring the responsible parties to justice?
Uber or Lyft
Will This Process Cost Me Money or a Lot of My Time?
At the Angell Law Firm, our Personal Injury Attorneys do not get paid unless you win your case.
We know how to fight for the rights of victims who had their lives altered due to a rideshare sexual assault case.
How It Works
- There are no out-of-pocket costs for filing a lawsuit.
- Our personal injury team works on contingency.
- If we don’t win the case, no money is owed.
- We handle each and every step of the process with care and professionalism.
The Angell Law Firm will handle every step of the process for you. Lawsuits such as these can be quite complex and need to be thoroughly investigated. We will do the work for you so you can focus on healing. Check the criteria and see if you qualify, and do not hesitate to contact us if you have questions.
Filling A Lawsuit Sends A MessageYou Won’t be Taken Advantage Of… You Are Not Alone!
Best experience you can ask for. This firm/ team of experts made this process so easy for me. First they saved me from a terrible lawyer, and picked up my case. Then they answered all my questions and made me important. Thanks you so much, for all your hard work and dedication.
How Much Money May I Be Entitled To?
Several cases are still being judged, and compensation varies based on each case. Some firms have been able to secure multi-million dollar settlements for plaintiffs.
What You Need to Know
- Payouts may range from several thousands up to millions.
- It all depends on the severity of the claim and extent of physical and emotional damage resulting from the sexual assault episode.
- Many cases are still ongoing.
The Angell Law Firm will handle a thorough investigation of your case with the utmost care and confidentiality so you can bring negligent rideshare companies to justice.
Joining A Class Action Lawsuit Is Straightforward
All it takes is finding the lawsuit which applies to you, contact a participating attorney, and then speaking with them to begin the process. Many times these attorneys don’t even charge you for their time but take a portion of the judgment. So the more you’re awarded, the more they make.
Why The Angell Law Firm Wants to Help
Thousands of women trust their rideshare drivers to take them to their destination safely. Rideshare companies advertise they offer safe transportation and background checked drivers, when in reality they have flawed background check systems and mishandle assault claims, allowing sex offenders to sign up as drivers and continue working even after they were accused. Rideshare companies need to respond for their negligence and for endangering passengers.
What Makes Us Different
- Fees are not owed unless we win your case.
- We can come to your home or to the hospital.
- Bryce Angell has focused his entire legal career to aiding personal injury victims.
The Angell Law Firm is ready to fight for your rights and hold rideshare companies responsible for your pain, suffering, physical, and emotional trauma resulting from being abused by a driver. We will handle your case with care and confidentiality. We are here to help.