What Is the Lawsuit About?
An Inferior Vena Cava or IVC Filter is a device made to stop blood clots from going up into the lungs. It is implanted with a brief surgery and meant to prevent pulmonary embolism, which is a serious condition. IVC filter recipients who suffered major complications such as filter migration, embolization, or fracture are suing manufacturers of the device for knowingly selling and marketing the IVC filters to doctors and patients without properly warning them of the true risks associated with its use. IVC filters were originally designed to be removed once their job was completed. Manufacturers demanded the device to be labeled as permanent despite the FDA’s recommendation that it must not be left in place for longer than 54 days or damage may occur. Such demand resulted in complications that could have been prevented.
Why Would I Qualify For This Lawsuit?
If Any of the Questions Below Apply To You, You May Qualify:
- Did you undergo a surgical procedure that required the implantation of an IVC filter?
- Was the IVC filter you received manufactured by Bard, Cook Medical, or Boston Scientific/Greenfield (among others?)
- Did you suffer severe complications that required medical treatment?
- Have you had to undergo additional surgeries to remove the device?
- Are you dealing with pain, suffering, and economic damages?
Inferior Vena Cava
Will This Process Cost Me Money or a Lot of My Time?
At the Angell Law Firm, our Personal Injury Attorneys do not get paid unless you win your case.
We know how to fight for the rights of victims who had their lives altered due to manufacturer negligence.
How It Works
- There are no out-of-pocket fees to file a lawsuit.
- Our personal injury lawyers work on contingency alone.
- If you don’t win, no money is owed to our firm.
- We handle each step of the process with care and professionalism.
Your legal team will work with you to thoroughly investigate your case and advise you on the most appropriate course of action to seek legal compensation for your pain, suffering, expenses, and lost wages due to complications arising from defective IVC filters. Check the criteria and see if you qualify, and do not hesitate to contact us if you have questions.
Filling A Lawsuit Sends A MessageYou Won’t be Taken Advantage Of… You Are Not Alone!
Upon initial contact with Attorney Angel and his team, I knew I was in the best hands to handle my case. They were very knowledgeable, attentive, available, professional, and compassionate. I can’t thank you guys enough. Best wishes to you all!
How Much Money May I Be Entitled To?
In March 2018, a woman who sued Bard for her fractured filter was awarded a settlement of $3.6 million by an Arizona jury. Another 2018 lawsuit awarded a man in Texas 1.2 million dollars for suffering organ and blood vessel perforations from his filter.
What You Need to Know
- Settlement amounts can vary on a case-by-case basis.
- Many cases are still ongoing.
- Your legal team will work with you to look into your claim and decide on the most advisable course of action.
As mentioned above, previous cases of a similar nature have been awarded millions in damages for pain, suffering, lost wages, and medical expenses for victims of defective IVC filters. If you believe you have been affected, contact your legal team as soon as possible since most cases give victims two years to file after the IVC filter complications occur, sometimes less.
Joining A Class Action Lawsuit Is Straightforward
All it takes is finding the lawsuit which applies to you, contact a participating attorney, and then speaking with them to begin the process. Many times these attorneys don’t even charge you for their time but take a portion of the judgment. So the more you’re awarded, the more they make.
Why The Angell Law Firm Wants to Help
The Angell Law Firm is ready to help you fight for your rights and begin your lawsuit to seek monetary damages compensation for pain, suffering, financial, and emotional damages resulting from complications due to a defective IVC filter. Manufacturers are being accused of previously knowing about the dangers of IVC filters but failed to warn patients and doctors. Thousands of lawsuits have been filed and settlements awarded to victims of defective IVC filters.
What Makes Us Different
- No money is owed if we don’t win your case.
- We come to you wherever you are, at home or at the hospital.
- Bryce Angell has devoted his entire career to helping personal injury victims.
If you believe you have been affected, talk to your doctor and consider seeking legal action and getting a free, no-commitment case review by contacting us. We are here to help.