Boy Scouts Sexual Abuse
Were You or a Loved One a Victim of Boy Scout Abuse?
We understand that coming forward and discussing your abuse is a difficult and emotional process. As personal injury attorneys, we are here to support you in seeking justice and compensation for the harm that was inflicted upon you. Our experienced team of attorneys will provide compassionate and skilled representation to help you navigate the legal process and hold those responsible accountable for their actions.
What Is the Lawsuit About?
For decades, BSA (Boy Scouts of America) has been concealing thousands of child abuse cases. BSA kept a list of scoutmasters, volunteers, and employees who had been blacklisted for being pedophiles, with the goal of preventing them from returning to the organization. Such a list was merely recorded, but never enforced, and child abusers were able to rejoin the organization, causing irreversible damage to many children. After a court ordered the release of the 1,200 so-called “perversion files”, BSA admitted their efforts to prevent child abuse and protect youth were “insufficient”. BSA has filed for bankruptcy and paid out millions in compensation for victims.
Why Would I Qualify For This Lawsuit?
If Any of the Questions Below Apply To You, You May Qualify:
- Were you a member of the Boy Scouts of America at any point in your life?
- Were you a minor under the care of a BSA scoutmaster or volunteer?
- Have you suffered sexual abuse by a member of BSA during your time as a boy scout?
- Are you interested in coming forward and claiming compensation for your pain, trauma, and emotional ordeal?
- If you answered YES, you may qualify for this lawsuit.
Will This Process Cost Me Money or a Lot of My Time?
Cases of this nature constitute a personal injury lawsuit. The Angell Law firm does not require any out-of-pocket payments to initiate your personal injury lawsuit, and nothing is owed unless you win your case and receive compensation.
How It Works
- There will be no out-of-pocket costs to file a lawsuit.
- Our personal injury attorneys work on contingency.
- If you don’t win, no money is owed.
- We will handle every step of the process with care and professionalism.
You have the right to seek justice for all the pain and damages caused by BSA’s negligence and failure to protect youth from predators, and the Angell Law Firm will take care of the whole process for you with the utmost confidentiality and in-depth investigation. Check the criteria to see if you qualify, and don’t hesitate to contact us if you have questions.
Request A FREE Case Evaluation Today!
See how much you might qualify for.
We start with a free case review. We’ll get the information we need about your situation to determine what the next steps should be.
We’ll work with you to create a customized plan to help you achieve the best possible outcome for your case.
We’ll fight for your rights and work to get you the compensation you deserve by winning your case.
Other Case Types
Let Us Help You
Let us help you get the compensation you deserve. Contact us today for a free case evaluation.
How Much Money May I Be Entitled To?
Each case is unique and compensation varies. The Angell Law Firm will thoroughly investigate your case with the utmost respect and privacy and establish the most appropriate course of action to ensure you get justice for the pain and suffering you or a loved one has endured.
What You Need to Know
- Settlement amounts may vary.
- Time is winding down to file a claim as BSA has filed for bankruptcy.
- Millions of dollars have been awarded to victims over the past several years and abusers have been sentenced to prison time.
You could be compensated for emotional distress, pain and suffering, and economical damages resulting from BSA neglecting to prevent known multiple-time offenders from rejoining the organization. You must consider filing your lawsuit sooner than later to preserve your ability to seek justice.