What Is the Lawsuit About?
Many lawsuits are accusing Boehringer Ingleheim, the manufacturer of Pradaxa, of engaging in deceptive marketing practices and neglecting to warn patients and doctors about the real risks of using Pradaxa. It was introduced into the market as a safer and more convenient alternative to warfarin. Boehringer Ingleheim is said to have misrepresented Pradaxa as a one-size-fits-all drug that did not require regular laboratory exams and monitoring. In 2010, Boehringer Ingleheim received FDA approval to release the drug into the market, and an antidote was not released until 2015. Patients taking the medication before the introduction of the antidote Praxbind in 2015 were exposed to high risks of severe bleeding. Most deaths reported in connection with Pradaxa were due to excessive bleeding that could not be reversed at the time. Affected patients and surviving loved ones are suing the makers of Pradaxa for thousands of injuries and deaths.
Why Would I Qualify For This Lawsuit?
If Any of the Questions Below Apply To You, You May Qualify:
- Did you or a loved one take Pradaxa?
- Did you or a loved one suffer severe complications such as gastrointestinal bleeding, rectal bleeding, brain bleeding, or death?
- Did your complications result in pain, suffering, emotional distress, expenses, and the need for medical treatment or funeral costs?
- If you answered YES, you may qualify for this lawsuit.
Will This Process Cost Me Money or a Lot of My Time?
At the Angell Law Firm, our Personal Injury Attorneys do not get paid unless you win your case.
We know how to fight for the rights of victims who had their lives altered due to manufacturer negligence.
How It Works
- There will be no out-of-pocket costs to file a lawsuit.
- Our personal injury attorneys work on contingency.
- If you don’t win, no money is owed.
- We will handle every step of the process with care and professionalism.
Your legal team will work with you to thoroughly investigate your case and advise you on the most appropriate course of action to recoup monetary damages for pain, suffering, medical expenses, and funeral expenses when appropriate. Check the criteria and see if you qualify, and do not hesitate to contact us if you have questions.
Filling A Lawsuit Sends A MessageYou Won’t be Taken Advantage Of… You Are Not Alone!
Angell Law firm has to be one of the best firms in Atlanta! Super professional and always keeping the line of communication open with updates and concerns. Breanna was also so welcoming and friendly when we came to the office to finish some paperwork.
How Much Money May I Be Entitled To?
Settlement amounts may vary, and many cases are still being judged. According to Bloomberg, the average settlement amount for Pradaxa has been $160,000.00.
What You Need to Know
- In 2014, the maker of Pradaxa agreed to pay $650 million dollars to settle pending claims. Since then, additional Pradaxa lawsuits have been initiated, and compensation could be available for those who have been harmed by the drug more recently.
- Your legal team will work with you to investigate your claim and decide on the most appropriate course of action.
If you or a loved one have been a victim of severe complications related to the use of Pradaxa, the Angell Law Firm wants to help you fight for your right to receive monetary damages compensation for pain, suffering, medical expenses, and funeral expenses where appropriate.
Joining A Class Action Lawsuit Is Straightforward
All it takes is finding the lawsuit which applies to you, contact a participating attorney, and then speaking with them to begin the process. Many times these attorneys don’t even charge you for their time but take a portion of the judgment. So the more you’re awarded, the more they make.
Why The Angell Law Firm Wants to Help
Boehringer Ingleheim sold Pradaxa for five years without an antidote to reverse the effects of bleeding. In the short span of 6 months following the approval of Pradaxa, the FDA received 932 serious adverse effects reports including 120 deaths and over 500 reports of severe bleeding. The Angell Law Firm wants to help you fight for your rights to seek monetary damages compensation for pain, suffering, financial, and emotional damages of dealing with severe complications resulting from the use of Pradaxa.
What Makes Us Different
- No money is owed unless you win your case.
- We come to you at home or at the hospital.
- Bryce Angell has dedicated his entire legal career to helping personal injury victims.
If you have had Pradaxa prescribed and believe you have been negatively affected by the drug, or if you lost a loved one due to Pradaxa-related complications, consider seeking legal action and getting a free, no-commitment case review by contacting us. We are here to help. (Do not stop taking the drug without consulting your doctor).