What Is the Lawsuit About?
Thousands of patients have filed lawsuits against knee replacement manufacturers DePuy and Zimmer (among many others), claiming that those devices failed to attach to the patient’s bone, causing instability, pain, and requiring revision surgery. On top of that, there have been numerous recalls by the manufacturers, and in some cases, the recalled devices were already in use. The first round of lawsuits started in Alabama in 2017 against DePuy, and a steady stream of lawsuits followed. DePuy Synthes, Zimmer Biomet, Arthrex, Exactech, B. Braun, and Smith & Nephew are some of the manufacturers being sued.
Why Would I Qualify For This Lawsuit?
If Any of the Questions Below Apply To You, You May Qualify:
- Did you have a total knee replacement surgery?
- Did your surgery require the use of a knee replacement implant ?
- Did you suffer complications such as infection, bone and device fractures, or pain after receiving the implant?
- Did you need to have a revision surgery performed?
- If you answered YES, you may qualify for this lawsuit.
Will This Process Cost Me Money or a Lot of My Time?
At the Angell Law Firm, our Personal Injury Attorneys do not get paid unless you win your case.
We know how to fight for the rights of patients who had their lives altered due to defective knee replacement devices.
How It Works
- We require no out-of-pocket costs to file a lawsuit.
- Our team of personal injury attorneys work on contingency.
- If we don’t win the case, no money is owed.
- Our team will handle every step of the process with care and professionalism.
Your legal team will work with you to thoroughly investigate your case and advise you on the most appropriate course of action to seek legal compensation for your pain, suffering, expenses, and lost wages due to complications arising from defective knee replacement devices. Check the criteria and see if you qualify, and do not hesitate to contact us if you have questions.
Filling A Lawsuit Sends A MessageYou Won’t be Taken Advantage Of… You Are Not Alone!
Highly recommended law firm. Breanna Baggio was terrific and answered all my questions and concerns every step of the way. Very pleasant experience and would definitely hire again!
How Much Money May I Be Entitled To?
Total knee replacement surgeries are complex procedures requiring a special implant designed to last for 15 to 20 years. Unfortunately, many patients experience complications and require additional surgery within the first 10 years of use. While most knee replacement cases have been settled, recalls of defective implants are still happening on a regular basis.
What You Need to Know
- Settlement amounts vary on a case-by-case basis
- Patients who won a lawsuit against Sulzer Medica received on average $200,000.00 each.
- Your legal team will work with you to look into your claim
If you experienced pain, loosening of your knee implant, or believe your device has been recalled or is defective, you should consult your doctor and seek legal advice to see if you qualify to receive legal compensation.
Joining A Class Action Lawsuit Is Straightforward
All it takes is finding the lawsuit which applies to you, contact a participating attorney, and then speaking with them to begin the process. Many times these attorneys don’t even charge you for their time but take a portion of the judgment. So the more you’re awarded, the more they make.
Why The Angell Law Firm Wants to Help
Unfortunately, knee replacement lawsuits are becoming as numerous as knee replacement surgeries. With new recalls being added to the list every day, more patients are reporting pain, discomfort, and complications due to loosening of their implants. Manufacturers of knee replacement implants have recalled several defective devices, including some already implanted in patients. Such defects increase the risk of additional surgeries and can lead to more pain, suffering, and even permanent disability.
What Makes Us Different
- Pay nothing unless you win your case.
- We can visit you wherever you are, at home or at the hospital.
- Bryce Angell has focused his whole legal career to helping personal injury victims.
The Angell Law Firm is ready to help you fight for your rights and begin your lawsuit to seek monetary damages compensation for defective knee replacement systems or parts. If you believe you have been affected by a defective knee replacement device, you should seek legal action and get a free case review by contacting us. We are here to help.