What Is the Lawsuit About?
Firefighting foam, or AFFF, has been used for 60 years in the U.S. Military until 2018, and firefighter crews at civilian airports were also required to use the foam. The Department of Defense recently identified over 400 military sites potentially contaminated with the toxic compounds found in AFFF. The Department of Protection of The State of New Jersey filed a lawsuit against AFFF manufacturers, including consumer and environmental claims, accusing the manufacturers of knowingly selling firefighting foam with toxic components without warning the public. Those who have been exposed to the foam and diagnosed with cancer may be eligible for legal action as well.
Why Would I Qualify For This Lawsuit?
If Any of the Questions Below Apply To You, You May Qualify:
- Were you a military or civilian firefighter, or part of a fire safety position?
- OR Were you in a position with a high risk of contamination, such as airport workers, chemical plant workers, and AFFF manufacturers?
- Were you required to use or be in contact with firefighting foam at work?
- Did you develop cancer as a result of handling firefighting foam (AFFF)?
Will This Process Cost Me Money or a Lot of My Time?
At the Angell Law Firm, we are committed to taking care of our clients and investigating each case in-depth in order to build a strong claim. Your legal team will work with you to thoroughly investigate your case and guide you on the most appropriate course of action to seek compensation for your pain, suffering, expenses, and lost wages due to negligence from the manufacturers to warn AFFF users about its toxicity and cancer-causing chemicals.
How It Works
- There are no out-of-pocket costs to start your claim.
- We don’t get paid unless your case is won and a settlement awarded.
- If you do not win your lawsuit, there is no money owed to your attorneys.
We want you to be able to focus on healing and spending time with loved ones. That is why we will handle every step of the process for you with professionalism and confidentiality.
Filling A Lawsuit Sends A MessageYou Won’t be Taken Advantage Of… You Are Not Alone!
Thank you Angell Law Firm for helping out… Especially Ms.Breanna for answering all my questions and keeping updated with my case. I would recommend Angell Law Firm to all my friends and family.
How Much Money May I Be Entitled To?
There are several ongoing litigations against AFFF manufacturers. We know of a recent class action lawsuit that yielded a settlement of $671 million for a group of victims.
What You Need to Know
- Substantial compensation may be available.
- Our legal team will work with you to determine the best course of action for your case.
- Settlement amounts vary depending on the severity of each case.
- Consider seeking legal advice to see if you have an eligible claim.
There is also an ongoing MDL consisting of 75 class action lawsuits in South Carolina suing 3M for producing and selling toxic firefighting foam that caused cancer in those exposed to it. The lawsuit also blames 3M for ground water contamination resulting from continuous use of AFFF.
Joining A Class Action Lawsuit Is Straightforward
All it takes is finding the lawsuit which applies to you, contact a participating attorney, and then speaking with them to begin the process. Many times these attorneys don’t even charge you for their time but take a portion of the judgment. So the more you’re awarded, the more they make.
Why The Angell Law Firm Wants to Help
The manufacturers of AFFF (firefighting foam) knowingly used chemicals that were highly toxic and contaminated the environment and exposed thousands to an elevated risk of cancer and other severe complications. Nothing was done to warn the public until many people were already suffering the effects of those chemicals. Manufacturers need to be held responsible for their negligence.
What Makes Us Different
- No money is paid to us unless we win your case.
- We come to your home or the hospital.
- Bryce Angell has worked for his entire legal career to help personal injury victims.
The Angell Law Firm is ready to fight for your rights to seek compensation for all the pain, suffering, expenses, and lost wages resulting from your cancer diagnosis following exposure to AFFF. If you believe you have been affected, please reach out to us. We are here to help.